Commercial Roof Maintenance & Repair is Key
At Southeastern Coatings & Waterproofing, we not only specialize in flat and metal roof restoration, but we also provide commercial roof maintenance and repair services. Conducting regularly scheduled maintenance is key to the longevity of any commercial or industrial roof. If executed properly, a regularly scheduled maintenance program can save building owners and managers hundreds, even thousands of dollars in the long run.
It is recommended that commercial roofs be inspected at least twice a year, ideally once in the spring and again in the fall. The inspection process not only determines the overall integrity of the existing roof system, but it also allows the contractor ample time to spot and repair problem areas within the roof surface before developing into a much bigger problem. In some cases, problem areas found during the inspection can be fixed right then and there while the contractor is still on site.
If your commercial or industrial building is in need of roof maintenance and repair services, contact us today to schedule your free roof evaluation. With our professional maintenance & repair services, you can rest assured that your roof will receive the best care and avoid any unnecessary expenses.
Basic Roof Inspection Procedures
- Examine all drains, gutters, scuppers, and downspouts to ensure adequate drainage
- Check ceilings, walls (interior and exterior), and internal roof decks for leaks and/or staining
- Inspect all roof edges and fascia/coping for visible deterioration
- Examine all penetrations and base flashings
- Check expansion joints for excessive movement, leaks, and/or deterioration
- Ensure overall structural integrity of HVAC equipment present on the roof
- Inspect the complete surface area of the roof (field of view)